Thursday, October 18, 2012

"These are some good times So take a good look around....

.... You may not know it now But you're gonna miss this"

Ahh Trace Adkins how you make my spine chill with one simple song. 

  My inspiration for this dandy read comes from events that transpired yesterday. 

Aiden: "There is a girl on the bus who says she loves Trey"

Trey: (In the LOUDEST possible kid voice ever) "SHE IS LYING!!!!!!!" and then he immediately burst into tears. Not whimpers. Full fledged crying. 

Now- this child is my carbon copy. Face it- if you read my last post you already see that. (And if you didn't go do it NOW!) I remember hiding in closets because my parents picked on my about boys. But I hadn't even said a word to the child and he was in hysterics. I had to calm my poor 7 year old son down who was being completely unreasonable (don't even say it. I AM NOT unreasonable!) He was just adamant that it was impossible for anyone to love him (besides family love) and it was so traumatic that he was going to continue crying to prove that it was not happening. Now it wasn't depressed 'no one loves me'- it was an "aw hell naw better not be loving me" attitude. But with tears. 

I gave him the "oh son you are good looking it was bound to happen" shpiel. "NOOOO SHE IS LYING IT'S NOT TRUE!!!!" 

Hmm. so I tried the just-be-cocky-and-play-it-cool route: "Just say 'I know' and walk away if someone says they love you. 
"NOOO IT IS NOT TRUE I DON'T WANT THAT"

10 minutes of hysterics passed to no avail.... and then finally I had to tell my son: 

"It is ok son nobody loves you so don't worry about it" 

Lines you NEVER imagined having to say for $800 Alex. 

That was the only thing to make him stop freaking out. Motherhood is hard! Seriously I am completely winging it anymore. I pull some from what I remember from my parent's: "BECAUSE I SAID SO THAT'S WHY!!!!" (I don't care who you are and what you think- if you have not said it to your child yet it WILL happen. Because face it, they have way more energy and keep it up way longer than your energy and your patience will last) lines like that creep up often. Or better yet, how I can say "I will not say/do ______ to my child!" and then find myself days/years/or months doing what I swore up and down I wouldn't do. For example. When Trey was just a tot I made a huge deal about how I would never tell my children to shut up. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Yeah I am sorry but sometimes saying "Be quiet" is not enough. Especially when you are on the phone trying to have the most important phone call of your life and they are running up the walls screeching like wild banshees (don't laugh Mom). 

So yeah. That happened. 

Parenting Fail #3435468

No comments:

Post a Comment